The cost of your two week volunteer trip is $3950. In the name of transparency we want to show you how this figure is calculated:-
$2100 pays for accommodation, meals, in-country travel, photography tutoring, and all day and night activities.
$1850 goes directly to Wild Tomorrow Fund's conservation work
This portion supports Wild Tomorrow Fund's critical conservation work. This includes the activities you will personally participate in such as rhino dehorning (which is a costly exercise involving helicopters and wildlife vets). Your donation also supports our important habitat conservation work such as anti-poaching ranger costs, fencing, and animal reintroductions.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Pick-up and drop-off from Richards Bay/Durban Airport
- Twelve nights of accommodation at 3-4 star lodges
- One night of tented accommodation at a government Wildlife Reserve
- Breakfast and evening meals
- Packed lunches
- Guided recreation (includes park entrance fees)
* Itinerary is subject to change based on conservation activities and locations. For example, you may stay one or two nights at a government wildlife reserve if wildlife management work is required.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Flights to Durban Airport (King Shakka International), South Africa
- Spending money
- Personal travel Insurance
WHEN TO PAY
- We require a $1000 deposit to hold your space.
- The balance of $2950 is payable up to 6 weeks before departure.
CROWDFUNDING YOUR TRIP
A popular way to raise the $1850 donation component of your trip is through crowdfunding. For anyone wanting to do this, we will provide you with a personal crowdfunding page on Crowdrise. We also recommend Facebook as a great way to get friends and family involved in supporting the conservation work you will be a part of. Select “Wild Tomorrow Fund” and create a title for your fundraiser eg “October Volunteer Trip”.
Many companies are delighted to have employees volunteer their time and money to charitable efforts. See if your company has a matching donation policy. They can help get you to your fundraising goal.
If you are not planning to crowdfund, you can pay at any time.
For volunteers who have been confirmed on this trip, you can make your deposit and other outstanding payments here:
We welcome you to consider purchasing your insurance with World Nomads, who support community and conservation projects around the world, and will donate a portion of sales to Wild Tomorrow Fund as an affiliate.